Do KBC offer mortgage payment holidays?

Not trying to sound smart, but maybe you could ring them? You'd have had it done in the time it took to start a new thread.

Well I would, but no phone to hand at the moment. I'd have rang them if I could.

You are unlikely to get a proper answer to the query from a call centre. I assume the OP will be approaching the bank but just wanted some general info first.

Well, I'm not sure if I will approach them or not yet. Just something I had in mind that I might need the cash for, perhaps a silly way about going to get it, but an option maybe.

They don't do holidays but will do intrest only for a mimimum of 6 months. You will have to get your mortgage protection increased to 115% of outstanding mortgage also.

Thanks for the info block. Mortgage protection is about that rate already so ok on that front. I appreciate it.

KBC do payment breaks dependant on circumstance, for example they will not grant one for travel etc, they will grant one in case of unemployment while awaiting benefits/sickness etc..

Thanks quest. It's basically for an unexpected expense that's cropped up due to a family member being sick. I doubt they will take mine into consideration. Many thanks.

From experience, they may well offer you a temporary reduced repayment if not a full payment break... Worth a call

Paddy, bear in mind that if they grant you any form of reduced payments, you may well lose whatever current rate you are on and be forced onto a SVR.

Thanks Paul, I was considering that. I'm due to move onto tracker in January so don't want to jeopardise that. Will leave it be, thanks for all the input!

sorry for bumping up an old thread. Does anyone know if KBC will accept a period of unpaid leave, following maternity leave, as grounds for going interest only for a period of 3 months?
thanks in advance

Have approached them in the past with very similiar circumstances & it was granted with the minimum of fuss

Thank you. I can but try. We have a 100% payment record and I'll be going back to my permanent job after the leave so I'm hoping they will be amenable.

I got a 12 month interest only payment plan with no realy hassle. They were very helpful.

Back