Do Irish women dress badly?

Irish women don't dress well but either do Irish men. Some do but most don't. We are not a stylish race. At least the boom improved the gene pool, at least we have that.

I believe our Irish women are among the best dressed people in the world. Furthermore, they are the most attractive women in the world. Sorry to sound sexist, but no others come near.
vision express in liffey valley are doing a speical offer this week!
check out the eastern europeans and then tell me irish wemen good good looking.

Irish women don't dress well but either do Irish men. Some do but most don't. We are not a stylish race. At least the boom improved the gene pool, at least we have that.

First I heard that the boom improved the gene pool, link?

I agree with the rest. That said I believe the Irish have improved in the style stakes but we have a bit to go.

First I heard that the boom improved the gene pool, link?

I agree with the rest. That said I believe the Irish have improved in the style stakes but we have a bit to go.

The boom gave us an influx of Eastern Europeans. More genetic diversity. That's a good thing. (I will resist the urge to suggest that Polish women are better looking than Irish women :D).

:D

As regards to Irish women dressing badly, I would have to agree. Have done a bit of travelling in my time and I thought the New Yorkers were best dressed.

The night clothes in public craze is embarrasing.

:D

As regards to Irish women dressing badly, I would have to agree. Have done a bit of travelling in my time and I thought the New Yorkers were best dressed.

The night clothes in public craze is embarrasing.

I agree, but it's not really an overall craze. It's just a skangery fad really.

Anyone else think maxi dresses are not a great look. When you see pictures of the 70s people seemed to wear them with a bohemian type vibe. This time around they just seem to have a 'slave to fashion' look.
Apologies if I'm offending anyone. It's just a look I don't really get.

Yes, the maxi dresses are dreadful, always remind me of roma gypsies. The short shorts look is another pet hate of mine. Irish women haven't the shapely legs to pull this look off.

Unlike most other posters, I think that young Irish women dress particularly well. Most of my babysitters are better dressed than me. When I was starting out working in my early 20s, I had not a clue how to dress appropriately for work, and now I admire all the young women seem to 'get it.'

I was having lunch on my own yesterday, and seated at the next table was a young women amongst older colleagues. Over the course of their conversation (which I half-listened in to), I learned that she was in 2nd year in college, and was doing some unpaid work experience. She was impeccably groomed, beautifully and discreetly dressed, and she carried herself with modesty and confidence.

Most offices I go in to, the women are smartly dressed, nicely made up, and have neat tidy hair. Offices with dress codes always bring the standard up. In other offices, I have seen unshaven young(ish) men in slogan t-shirts, slurping cornflakes at their desks, with their trousers hanging down. I think generally women make more of an effort.

Women tend to dress better when the sun comes out

:)

I would have said the opposite. I think Irish women dress a lot better in Winter. In Summer you see an awful lot of people wearing clothes that just don't suit their shape or colouring. We're much better at getting it right in Winter (or else we just look much better covered up!)

Yes, the maxi dresses are dreadful, always remind me of roma gypsies. The short shorts look is another pet hate of mine. Irish women haven't the shapely legs to pull this look off.

Ha Ha, I wear a maxi and people always admire it when I wear it - they can't all be telling lies, can they. I tried on about 50 before I found one I like. The length, amount of material, type of material is key. Can only be worn on dry days so only twice this year.

I have a pair of city shorts so not too short. Again people say they are nice and I believe them.

Hate the PJ's in the day time - lot of it here in Limerick.

I don't think it's necessarily what Irish women wear but how they wear it. The main problem is that people get their sizes totally wrong. While an outfit in a correct size for example size 14 would look very good on a size 14 woman, it looks hideous in size 10 on her. Seen too many people wearing too small clothes.

Back