Do I need to make a will?

Just saw this post, hubbie and I made our wills only very recently. Used same solicitor who did our house purchase as he has an offer at the moment €75 for a basic will, drafting and storage etc... the 'basic' will covered more than what we even wanted. We have house, a rental house and one child. Couldn't recomend him enough, very decent chap and was very efficient.
Let me know if you want his details.

Just saw this post, hubbie and I made our wills only very recently. Used same solicitor who did our house purchase as he has an offer at the moment €75 for a basic will, drafting and storage etc... .

Just a note on this, is it not the best idea not to leave your original will with the solicitor as he can then be "executor" and charge fee's ?
We are just about to do our wills and looking into these things now!!

That is actually wrong info allie12! We queried this and the solicitor would have to be 1) specifically named as an executor to charge for this service, by appointing your own executors you solve this (which most people do anyway)
2) furthermore some people like to leave the will (original or a copy) in the solicitors safe purely for convienience. You can of course keep the original at home, no solicitor who has drafted your will should charge for storing it!!

Back