Do banks check CC account when applying for a personal loan

A

Amydances

I applied for a top up of 1600euro on top of an already existing small loan of 1000euro. At the time of my application my credit card debt was about 600euro which the bank know about.

I have the papers for signing which are ready for sending and then the bank will do their final checks etc..

However, I had an emergency at the weekend with the car and ended up having to use my CC card to a tune of 1,000euro.

My question is, should I now inform the bank I am seeking the top up from? I presume they will check the CC..? thanks

You will get a much better response to your question if you the title of your post in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Any responses to posts with meaningless titles will be removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be deleted.

Brendan
Administrator

Not necessarily, some banks will just take it on faith that the funds will be used for the stated purpose, and not do further checks, others would pay the credit card company directly once the loan has been drawn down. Its more likely that the bank would pay the card off on your behalf if both the loan and card are with the same company. Would be worthwhile to give the bank a ring and make some casual enquiries as to how you go about paying off the card, ie if they do it on your behalf, or if all the loan funds go into your current account for you to do yourself.

Back