Motor Do All Insurers charge admin fees for changes?

MandaC

I think I asked this before... I am with 123.ie and I made a temporary sub for a car I was taking for a couple of weeks and they charged me €10 admin fee. Now I am changing my car tomorrow and they are looking for €40 for a permanent substitution, as well as €30 for additional premium, despite them telling me there would be no changes to premium when I took out the policy (I had car ordered since Jan, so got a quote on it then.) They say insurance has gone up since then.

I was with AXA before and I do not remember them charging these expensive admin fees, unless it is new.

Does anyone know if all insurers charge these admin fees? Or does anyone know an insurer who definitely does not charge them?

I also asked about cancelling the policy but they do not refund pro rata either, so I cant move somewhere else at the moment.

123.ie is a broker, a tied agent of St Paul's Travellers. Brokers usually charge admin fees; IME insurance companies such as AXA don't.

Check every piece of documentation 123.ie sends you, check dates and times of changes in cover, check reg. nos, check your details. IME, and as you are learning, they are an administrative disaster (based on having had two cars on cover with them for 3 / 4 years).

Changed motorbikes recently, cost 30 euro admin, although was with Aon, who are a broker too..

With FBD - no charge for changes..

Only if you do the changes online

In respect of Policies taken out via our Internet, we reserve the right to apply an administration charge of €25 for changes you ask us to make to your Policy that could be transacted via our Internet site.

Changed motorbikes recently, cost 30 euro admin, although was with Aon, who are a broker too..

I just got a quote from AON Bikecare, €727 Including €40 Admin Fee.

My renewal with Quinn is €400 and no mention of admin fees on the renewal.

Well I am not going with 123.ie again, as I change cars a couple of times per year. I would have been better sticking with AXA.

There was no point in me cancelling and going with someone else either, as they would not refund pro rata and they charge another €40 cancellation charge.

I just got a quote from AON Bikecare, €727 Including €40 Admin Fee.

My renewal with Quinn is €400 and no mention of admin fees on the renewal.

Yep, ill be going with them next.. No point in changing now..

Back