Divorce and legal need for documentation to the bank

jedentag

Hello,

We are mortgage approved with list of terms from bank to move towards loan offer.

One of them is confirmation that my GF who is divorced send on her divorce decree.

She did this but bank have said that's not enough and needs a deed of waiver.

The divorce decree states 'consent for mutual blocking orders pursuant to Section 18 (1) of the act of 1996'

I'm not a legal person but I took that to mean that neither party is asking for anything from the other.

My partner did this with a no frills company as no children or assets to split so she doesn't have a solicitor.

Has anyone been through this before and could we push this back on the bank's legal team to see if this is really required in divorces of this nature?

Thanks.

Push back. They are looking at their checklist and don't know or really understand what they are asking for.

Deed of waiver is in regards to the Family Home if such property was owned by the divorcing couple; doesn't apply here.

Edit to add 18(1) is re inheritance rights I believe.

IANAL

Last edited:
Push back. They are looking at their checklist and don't know or really understand what they are asking for.

Deed of waiver is in regards to the Family Home if such property was owned by the divorcing couple; doesn't apply here.

Edit to add 18(1) is re inheritance rights I believe.

IANAL
Nice one, appreciate that.

Back