Dissolved Company with Assets

millertime

The local rugby club set up a company when developing the grounds in the 1980's. However the company was struck off some years back for failure to file returns. The company owns the pitch, clubhouse etc. Must the club to restore the company or is there any cheaper alternative?

Must the club to restore the company

Yes.

or is there any cheaper alternative?

No.

I think the CRO just got totally ticked off with the casual Irish approach to compliance. They are extremely strict now and rightly so.

mf

I think you better read [broken link removed]!

When a company is struck off the assets become the property of the state and the company ceases to exist

I would contact the CRO immediately concerning this matter and you may be able to resolve this. I had a friend who was an IT contractor and was in a similar situation but when he contacted the CRO, explained the situation, paid the outstanding fines and provided all required accounts and documentation, the matter was resolved and the company reinstated. That's the only instance I know of so it maybe much different in this situation.

Thanks All for the information, will have to talk to a solicitor on this to see where to go next.

It would appear that this company would need to be restored under court order.

you could try getting the CRO to waive the late filing fees for the compnay. i know that they do this for charities and non proit making orgainisations. there is no point ringing up the cro and asking them to do this. you are better off trying to make an appointment with someone in the cro although this may be very hard as you can get some very unhelpful people in there. Brian O Hare is a very nice person but may be hard to get. dont forget to get the company up to date you will have to have audited accounts as well!

if the company is disolved, getting the CRo to waive filing fees with be of no use, the company can only be reinstated after a period of 12 months with a court order, if it was within 12 months of being disolved you could complete a H1 form, however if more than 12 months must get court order. If this is not done, the assets can be seized by the govt

Back