Disney Land

We paid about €43 for a 2 park pass for one day recently using the Francilien, this was almost a 20% saving on the gate price.

How about just doing one park this time? Disney Studios doesn't have a whole load of stuff and IMO is not worth paying extra. The main park foes not need more than a day as it's not all that big.

2 adults and 2 kids
I paid 300 for 2 adults/1 child /2 days at the gates over the summer. They are highly skilled at extracting every penny you own from your pockets. If you have little girls, I'd recommend the 'dinner with Cinderella'.

€43 sounds cheap but is for a child for 1 day. 2 kids is 86. 2 adults is about 100 so about 200 for the day.

I'll probably do it anyway as I've mentioned it to the kids now. I am an expert at avoiding things like "dinner with Cinderella".

We definitely paid €43 per adult for both parks on one day. I checked www.francebillet.com and they only have tickets up to the end of April but for two parks the prices are €37 and €43 for a day. They also have child free with an adult tickets but you're unlikely to get those in the summer.

Don't think tickets will be much more expensive in the summer so not as bad as you think.

Regarding prices inside. Food isn't cheap, downtown Disney outside the parks is a better bet for eating. When it comes to the shops you get funnelled into from some rides I would maybe promise the children one thing at the end of the day and go to one of the bigger shops to buy. IMO the merchandise isn't especially overpriced.

[broken link removed]

only just realised the date limit.... so it's going to be even more expensive.....

I am an expert at avoiding things like "dinner with Cinderella".
Don't avoid it, seriously. If you have girls of a certain age, it is a magical experience. And there is great quality food (the only non-burger/diner food in the park) for the adults, and all the wine you can drink.

[broken link removed]

only just realised the date limit.... so it's going to be even more expensive.....

That's a standard price ticket not a Francilien. You will get cheaper than that. Even at the moment 2 one day tickets are cheaper than that 2 day. Plus you really really don't need 2 parks for 2 days. Studios is no more than half a day and maybe a full day for the main park but that's more than enough IMO.

Hi Tracey

have you been there yet? I'm going in late March and I'm looking for any tips!

OK so we are definately going.

I've been through the DLP website and based on my sons height etc we can do 5 of the big rides with height restrictions. After that alot of it is really for my younger daughter.

If we were to do the 5 big rides and then wanted to see 50-75% of all the remaining rides do you think 2 full days would be enough? We would be going at the start of June, and midweek.

I would hate to go all the way there (driving) and then find we couldn't see it all. Or I would hate to have to split up in to Mother/Daughter and Father/Son just so we could get around the queues etc etc.

If we were to do the 5 big rides and then wanted to see 50-75% of all the remaining rides do you think 2 full days would be enough? We would be going at the start of June, and midweek.

I think 2 midweek days would afford enough time. Bear in mind though that you'll want to watch some of the parades and/or shows, so you may not be going from ride to ride to ride.

Also, the parades can be a good time to target the more popular rides. We got to do Pirates of the Caribbean twice in a row as there was no-one waiting to get on when we finished the first one - that coincided with one of the parades.

Also also, bear in mind the stamina of your family if you're charging around the place.

Also also also, when we were there, there was a restriction with getting fast pass tickets. I hit a problem trying to 'surf the fast pass tickets'. My 'cunning plan' was to get a fast pass for Space Mountain for the time we came off the Buzz Lightyear ride. When I went for the ticket, the system recognised that I already had a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear so wouldn't let me have one for SM until after the BL one was finished/expired.

At the time, I posted here about that restriction, and others replied to say they had no such problem.

If you're planning to go midweek with no queues, you would def do all the rides. If queueing for over an hour for each ride, you might struggle a bit.
Trick is not to go at weekends or when school holidays are on

I was thinking of heading to Disney Paris next year - (I'm not tied to any dates). I'm finding it really difficult to book as it seems to be working out just over 2,000 and for a three night break it's very expensive. There's 2 adults and 3 children (12, 10, 8). Can anybody help - there doesn't seem to be an option for 5 sharing a room. Any tips. Ideally I would love to stay on site.

As far as I know, its hard with a family of 5 to stay on site as you will need two rooms - family rooms are only available in teheDisneyland Hotel its self or the Newport Bay.

Who have you priced that holiday with? If its a travel agent - look into booking it yourself - for Disney it is so easy to book it yourself and will save you hundreds of euros.

2,000 euro seems extortionate, what dates are you looking at with that type of price?

Trick is travel off peak, book your flights during a seat sale and to be honest, don't spend a fortune on your hotel - you only sleep there at the end of the day.

Thanx for that Sully1 - that was just a price I got from tapping into the Disney site and then going to Air France - I tried a few different dates. I will try again with the Newport Bay and see how I get on. Thanx

Be aware that if you are staying in the Hotels within the park, you can avail of food vouchers. so basically if you do not have breakfast in the hotel, ask at reception can you have the vouchers, they in turn can be used at the restaurants in the park against your meal.

Without sounding mean, its a good idea to bring a packed lunch for the kids, it can be a long day (but very enjoyable) and you can spend a fortune on food and drinks, there is a shop at the entrance to the Parks not associated with Disney, i.e. like a Spar. :)

Deelite,
Air France are usually the most expensive out of the three airlines serving Paris - Aer Lingus are usually a good bit cheaper if you get a seat during a seat sale (60 euro return on a good day each!).
Ryanair flys to Beauvais which is a lot further out, but often you can ger a transfer direct to Disneyland and still save money.

by the way have you looked at the Cheyenne or Santa Fe - they are cheaper than the Newport - that is upping the cost for you considerably, esp when you are looking at booking 2 rooms.
I have stayed in the Cheyenne and would recommend it to anyone.
You only sleep there

Back