Disgusted with Aer Lingus

MoMoHe

New Member
Messages
1
I booked a business flight, via Aer Lingus, from Las Vegas to Shannon, (paid $6,374) for Sept. 7th, 2026 to Sept.15, 2026. Las Vegas to Heathrow, flew BA, they were great. Got stuck in Heathrow for 24 hours due to Towers being down. Inconvenient but Nobody's' fault. Got a flight to Knock on Aer Lingus the following day. Return flight Shannon to Boston, Aer Lingus, ok. Then when I checked in for Boston to Las Vegas, Jet Blue, I was designated seat 29A in Economy Called Aer Lingus but they could not help as they have no control over other carriers. Jet Blue could not help either, so I ended up Paying them $849 extra for Business class. I have called Aer Lingus and submitted two complaints, to no avail. Their excuse is that they have no control over the other carriers that they use. Any ideas of how I can get a refund of the $849 that I paid Jet Blue, please? Aer Lingus sold me Business Class tickets.
 
I would imagine the proper course was to fly economy from Boston to LV then claim off AL for the extra cost you originally paid for business for that portion of the trip.
 
Aer Lingus sold me Business Class tickets.

Aer Lingus sold you the tickets so surely they are responsible for making sure you got what you paid for or that you are compensated accordingly?

They owe you $849.

Presumably you bought these tickets in the US so you are subject to US law?

In Ireland, you would get nowhere with Aer Lingus. We have a Small Claims Court which is designed for the consumer to take such cases without the need for paying lawyers. Do you have an equivalent in the US?

If not, take such a claim in Ireland and it might prompt Aer Lingus to respond.
 
Back
Top