Discount brokers-what discount can I expect?

candyman

What are the typical "discounts" offered by the various brokers listed?

taking REA as an example from - what discounts can I expect from dealing with them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you visited the websites mentioned to see what is outlined?

Some mortgage brokers refund the commission they receive from the mortgage provider to the customer (but they charge a fee for their service?).

Others offer conveyancing packages at discounted rates.

Some may be able to get you more money than by going directly to the mortgage provider.

I'm sure Sarah W will be happy to outline what Rea typically provide. If you use the search facility you should be able to find previous discussion on the topic.

Whatever about the discounts (normally a refund of commission) that you get make sure that any broker you choose deals with as wide a range of lenders as possible and is not confined to a subset maybe overlooking the most competitive for your needs.

REA deal with every lender bar NIB and Irish Nationwide - a breakdown of the spread of our business can be found on our website. For mortgages over €250,000 there is a fixed fee of €499 + VAT for the conveyancing service (plus outlays), irrespective of the purchase price.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

So if someone was to get a NIB mortgage, for example, where could they get low-cost conveyancing ?

There are plenty of thread on 'low cost' conveyancing, including one here.

Let's keep this thread about broker discounts.

Back