Discontinued Kitchen Doors - Help!

SwordsMom

Hi. 2 of my kitchen cabinet doors have become warped and peeling (laminate gloss). This is due to being directly beside the oven door. I contacted Nolan Kitchens and they said this door has been discontinued. Any suggestions besides having to replace the whole set? Only 2 doors are affected but my kitchen consists of 8 doors and an integrated fridge/freezer & dishwasher so it would be very expensive to change the lot.

Thanks monagt. I bought my apartment new in 2008 and they came already fitted. I contacted the building contractor who put me in touch with Nolan Kitchens who said that line is now discontinued... I did a bit of googling but there doesn't appear to be any other stockists of this particular style, Latticello cream gloss doors.

Nolan's Kitchen if they are the original supplier should offer a close match............they can even go back to the manufacturers? Most kitchen firms buy from a couple of laminated sheet manufacturers.
If not then replacement will be the only option and it will happen again with the laminated doors.(even an electric kettle under a door can peel it)
Sorry, cant be a help in this.

Even if it were possible to get exactly the same doors again, there's a good chance they may not match the doors that have been in place and exposed to sunlight for 8 years.

Might be worth asking around the neighbours, and seeing if anyone has plans to redo their kitchen soon.

I rearranged my kitchen without knowing my original door were discontinued...I found some on donedeal but very far...I then just used my utility ones and Island in body kitchen and bought totally different ones for utility/island...loads inspiration on net re mixed kitchen, you could just change top units or even remove laminate and paint whole thing

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'll spend the weekend bringing the damaged doors around to panelling centres/kitchen suppliers to see if I can match it to anything. If not, I'll just have to do with a funky mixed-door kitchen.......

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'll spend the weekend bringing the damaged doors around to panelling centres/kitchen suppliers to see if I can match it to anything. If not, I'll just have to do with a funky mixed-door kitchen.......

I have a feeling I have the same kitchen doors as you in my own apartment! :) If you keep the handles off them I imagine you could definitely pick up a cream high gloss somewhere and would not be able to tell the difference unless you looked closely. My parents got new doors on their presses recently from another supplier (not Nolans like my own) and they look very, very similar with different handles.

Thanks all. I brought the damaged doors to Noyeks Newmans and their cream gloss is very similar (you couldn't tell the difference). They were able to provide me with new doors, hinges and fittings for €108.00 all in... Much better than replacing the kitchen..

Back