Disabled lift

MDGA

Hi, I'm looking for advice for installing a disabled lift in my office, The building is 2 storey. Any ideas on the cheapest option....through floor lift, stair lift or platform lift.

Cheers

Cheapest option my a mile is stairlift (you can pick up refurbished second hand) fully installed for less than €5k, next would be platform but you need space of true floor hole and cost for lift alone is about €12k (depends on spec and openings) with passanger hydrolic lifts even more expensive

Speak to any of the companies and they should be able to guide you

I have installed many lifts over the years and can reccommend some companies if you wish ( i am a qs for record and not associated with any lift companies, i just have need to place orders for them on a fairly regular basis)

Hi KK,
Can you advise on the building regs, the office is semi public, I require disabled access to meet the requirements of a public body / tenant..do you think a stairlift would suffice...I think most through floor lifts are for domestic purposes. I have loads of space to construct the lift. Can you advise on a platform lift in he 12k range.
Cheers

M

Ill have to come back to you on specifics as i dont have access to files at present, we put a stairlift in a pub a few months back and it fully complied with the dac cert requirements, i remember at the time we we quoted around 12k for a simple platform but i will route out the quote and come back to you

Back