Disability grant ...

Salem

I'm inquiring on behalf of my mother ... She has been approved for a grant (6K I think) to renovate the bathroom upstairs ... All she wants is the bath removed and a walk in shower put in its place ... There will be a fair bit of tiling aswell I presume ...
Can she just go into any bathroom suite store, pick something she likes + tiles, get a quote from someone to fit all and send the quote into the council ? Anybody tell us what C2 registered means ?
Thanks in advance ...

My grandmother got that grant approval a few years back to renovate her bathroom. She was given a list of "approved" contractors and was told she had to select one from this list but when she started ringing around many of them were dead or retired the list was so out of date.
I remember there was something about a specific type of tile she had to get. In the end she went and got it done privately and paid for it herself as the list of contractors provided were dead/retired/not interested in the job.

Hi Salem,
My in laws got this done last year, they were given a list of approved contractors from Dublin city Council- they tried one of the contractors and didn't like their attitude, they were pressuring them to pay for unnecessary extras and were very aggressive in their demeanour. They went with another contactor in the end and were happy with the work. If its Dublin your mother lives then I can pm you the name of the "good" contractor, let me know.

Last edited:
Hi coinfused,
She is in Dublin and that would be a great help ... Fair play ...

Some Councils don't specify a list of contractors, you can choose your own. The tiles on the floor will have to be a special type (horrible non slip ones that only come in a muddy grey!!)

Back