Disability Allowance Back Pay

MaryLou1293

A friend of mine has been waiting over 7 months for their payment and they finally got their appeal accepted and told it would be back dated and so on but they did not realise that they would not receive the back dated payment on the same day that payments started. They just read that it can take up to 8 weeks for the back dated amount to come through. Is this right? and if so why does it take so long??

I'm on disability myself and i received it back in September 2013 after appeal I received the lump sum and then payments started weekly -- it seems to have changed but it's worth ringing the department to find out for sure, all you have to do is give them your PPS number and they will give you an update -- it's bureaucracy, they have to make sure you qualify then everything goes more smoothly... whatever your friend does, don't blow the lump sum because it's only €203 thereafter

I'm on disability myself and i received it back in September 2013 after appeal I received the lump sum and then payments started weekly -- it seems to have changed but it's worth ringing the department to find out for sure, all you have to do is give them your PPS number and they will give you an update -- it's bureaucracy, they have to make sure you qualify then everything goes more smoothly... whatever your friend does, don't blow the lump sum because it's only €203 thereafter
Thanks for your reply, yeah I will definitely get him to ring them today to find out for sure what's happening

Back