Disability Allowance and Household Benefits Package

dubdub123

Just posting this for information as it may help someone

My son was recently awarded Disability Allowance.
From attending a webinar, I discovered that he is eligible for household benefits package.

Here are the steps I followed

1. Phoned gas provider and requested that my sons name be added. Son had to confirm on phone that it was him and gave DOB etc. He gets very anxious and thankfully this step was very straightforward.
2. Once we got updated bill, completed the household benefits application on his mygov, specifying account info and TV license.
3. He has been awarded (its around 35 euro pm) towards bills, first collection in Nov.
4. He has received a Tv license which is valid as long as he is in receipt of Household Benefits.
5. They said in a letter, we can request refund if we bought TV license recently, which we did and Ive sent in proof of that.

Note: this is NOT fuel allowance. My son is not entitled to that as they take household income into account and I work full time.

Note: I will update if TV license refund comes through as expected.

Note: he will receive this as cash payment to Post Office and it will be used to pay gas bill. We did not want it going directly to provider, in case we change provider.

Back