Director of Board and Director for CRO for Board - want to resign - emailed Chairman/Accountant 3 times - no response - how to resign for CRO?

Whitey499

Hi!

I was a volunteer for a voluntary organisation until three weeks ago. I was a member of the Board and a Director, and also Secretary (previously). I asked to be removed as Secretary last year as the accountant, who is the Chairman, did not supply me with the lobbying return information in time to submit it.

I have had to resign from the Board 3 weeks ago due to family circumstances, but also due to the fact that I don't feel the organisation is well run and I am not sure the Accountant/Chairman is running things correctly.

I have emailed him a signed letter, asking to be removed as Director from CRO. I have emailed a copy to the Manager of the service also. I asked them to confirm that I have been removed as Director for CRO purposes. I have followed up with two emails asking them both to confirm same, but have received no reply. If the Accountant/Chairman doesn't reply, how can I get my name removed as Director of the service with CRO? Do I just write directly to CRO, maybe stating the I written and emailed the Chairman/Accountant re this three times?

This situation has put me off volunteering in such a capacity in future, which is a shame.

Back