Wrong forum direct debit with upc never cancelled..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisboy

Back in 2005 i split up with partner. She was staying in the house with our two kids. In early 2006 i finally got around to changing over the ntl account into her name. Firstly i rang them and explained the situation, we broke up and i'd left the house, and she took over the account..

There was no problem for a a couple of years, but recently i checked my account and i was paying Ntl by direct debit, 63 euro a month, even though i always pay online through my bank. It turns out that ntl never cancelled my direct debit and because she kept paying cash every time a bill came in the account was always in credit so the direct debit never went through..

A year ago she got a phone line and she filled in a direct debit mandate to ntl, and stopped paying by cash. Her mandate was never put on her account, and the money started getting debited from my account, and seeing as she never went into arrears, she never noticed.

Anyway i rang ntl, and they're investigating, but in the last phone call i got on friday evening from one of the reps, the rep was trying to say that even though i split up from her and moved out and changed the account over to her, i never told them to cancel the direct debit! It seems to me that they're trying to blame me. I have my own ntl account in my own house too.. They also hinted that i should talk to the ex about getting the money from her

Just looking for some opinions, wether ntl should repay me the money and go look for the money from her, or wether its my problem and i should try get the money from my ex. As far as i'm concerned, when she took over the account, and i moved out they should've automatically cancelled my DD mandate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back