Health policy Digital innovation in the HSE

Health policy
It's not that no one shows initiative or leadership. It's that anyone who does is deliberately blocked from making any progress with it. So they stop trying. Which is why the guy from Maynooth Resigned.

In my experience nurses of all types are far less on the wards since it became a degree. They are IMO less hands on than in the past.

I don't think it's only 20-30s that have ideas. That's just ageism.

I don't know what personal financial situation has to do with it. Should there be a means assessment for promotions? Cost of living and housing crisis is a different issue. You need to lobby the govt for action. Not saw the branch you're standing on by destroying any promotions opportunity past 40.
I don't think it's just 20-30 somethings that have new ideas either. But as I said if someone with 30-40 years service & has shown little appetite for change, process improvement etc etc, it is fundamentally wrong to promote them because they are most senior in a particular area.
I am quite sure Martin Curley came up against many such people before he threw his hat at it.

Fixating on it being an older people problem isn't being that open minded.

A blocker can be any age or it might not the people. It might be systemic in an organisation culture and processes.

Meath TD Peadar Tóibín claimed that some patients from Meath were being brought by ambulance to Drogheda to be triaged and then sent back to Navan A&E for treatment by ambulance or by taxi.

I know for a fact this is true. 1st hand experience.

Back