digital cameras, best buys

annfield

hi, i am looking at upgrading me camera, have a pentax currently which is 4 mega pixels so waqnt something with the big review screens and is compact, is a sony cybershot my best bet? what other makes are good, dont want one witha bulky zoom if i can help it

canon ixus range are excellent... cybershots are good also. Make sure you check more than just the megapixels... I got an ixus with a Carl Zeiss lens and its quality

I have a cybershot and love it - great photos (by my standards at least), and so small and tidy! I'd like more zoom though, but mine is over a year old so very much a dinosaur at this stage! I bought mine on underwatercameras.co.uk, or something like that, and I got an underwater housing suitable for bringing diving with me to 40m - excellent!

www.dpreview.com is an excellent site for reviews of all types of camera's. Look at the shutter response time (time from pressing button to taking photo), sensor size, picture quality e.t.c. for any camera's you are interested in before buying. Alternatively you could just look at the conclusion at the end of the review if you can't be bothered with the details.

Back