Digital Camera - Basic, Easy, Cheap

CubicYard1

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a digital camera for non-techy elderly couple. I need a basic easy to use model that is also fairly reasonable (max 200Euro). They currently spend a fortune on disposables for bad quality pics. It also needs to be hardy/durable as its liable to get dropped a lot.

Cheers,
CY1

The Kodak Easyshare range are very user friendly. All the buttons on the camera body have the full word description of what the button is underneath and as you flick through each mode, a brief description of what its for comes up on the screen. Just bought one recently for in-laws. There was a free photo printer or digital picture frame with them in Dixons as well which was handy!

Never heard of Kodak?! Have a look on Kodak.com. The one I got in Dixons was €200. Quality is perfect. I've had one for the last three years and never had any trouble with it. Got a printer free with that one too.
My one is a 4Mp camera with optical and digital zoom. Pin sharp pictures with no noticeable lens aberations. The current range are >6Mp. Grand little minimum fuss, easy to use cameras.

they have the kodak cameras on argos.ie for less than 100 euros.

I see Dixons & Curry's have the Kodal V1003 for half price €149.99. Any opions on this camera please.

Argos have a 6MP Kodak camera on sale at the moment for 90 euro - I bought it for a relative + it seems easy to use, large buttons etc.

Recently I've been using a Fuji FinePix A820. It is 8.2 megapixels and has 4x optical zoom. It cost €180 in a camera shop. The price included charger and four rechargeable batteries, 512 MB SD card, cables and small carry case.
Having looked around, I think that's a pretty good deal for quality and good brand.
It's easy to use. Pictures on camera screen look excellent but I haven't had the opportunity yet to see them printed.

Olympus do a range that are quite durable! they can be dropped up to five meters and be fine! I think they're fairly water resistent too! you may wanna google olympus and durabilty with camera! have a great variety of camera's. I recently got one from pixmania it's a slim Fuji Z10 with a 1GB card, Charger and Case for €200. So that's pretty decent! Check it out!

2 of the more important things to look out for imo - size of preview screen on back of camera and the megapixels - should really be in around the 8 million mark. The preview screen on some models can be as big as the camera itself which I think is great - maybe be more suitable for elderly people where eyesight might be an issue ?

Back