different name on planning

K

kml224

Hi ,

I'd appreciate any comments/advice on the following.
My sister was purchasing a site from my mother, next to the family home, pending planning. She has received FPP but her financial circumstances have changed in the meantime and she would not be able to get a mortgage to build for the forseeable future. (Planning expires in 5 years).
My mother does not want to sell the site outside the family nor does she want to see the planning go to waste or a family member having to go through the planning process all over again for the same site.

One option we are considering is for me to get a mortgage and build on the site but I was wondering what are the implications with regard to the planning?
a)Would a bank give me a mortgage on a site even though the FPP is in my sisters name?
b)Would she have to be named on the mortgage? (no regular income or assets to her name)

regards

Kev

There's a form she'd have to fill out and sign from planning office.People sell sites all the time so have to be able to transfer onto another person.The planning comes with the land.It has nothing whatsoever to do with your mortgage.Once she signs to say that you can use the planning permission,thats that,I know cos i was in a similar situation myself.

Hi ,

I'd appreciate any comments/advice on the following.
My sister was purchasing a site from my mother, next to the family home, pending planning. She has received FPP but her financial circumstances have changed in the meantime and she would not be able to get a mortgage to build for the forseeable future. (Planning expires in 5 years).
My mother does not want to sell the site outside the family nor does she want to see the planning go to waste or a family member having to go through the planning process all over again for the same site.

One option we are considering is for me to get a mortgage and build on the site but I was wondering what are the implications with regard to the planning?
a)Would a bank give me a mortgage on a site even though the FPP is in my sisters name?
b)Would she have to be named on the mortgage? (no regular income or assets to her name)

regards

Kev

Has the planning permission been subject to an "occupancy clause"?

If not then there should be no problem.

Back