Diet dog food,where to buy?

My sisters dog is on prescription Hills for his joints but only started it. It's really expensive though. Roughly 42 euro for a smallish bag. Hopefully it works.

Yoltan, point your sister towards the following site: www.chemistdirect.co.uk. They sell the Hills prescription food at a far more reasonable price than I've seen it here. My dog is currently on one of the prescription diets which costs €78 for a 12kg bag from my vet's, but only £41.99 + £9.95 delivery from this site. They will deliver up to about 20kg to Ireland for that price.

No affiliation with the site - just a devoted dog owner trying to save a few shillings while still doing the best she can for her dog!

Whatever happen to the dogs we had when we were kids ?, dogs who ran, jumped and played and never saw a vet and only ever smelled turkey.

whats wrong with turkey and frozen veg? Its no more expensive than dog food and far healthier. And as the other poster said, they probably died younger and had less quality of life.

Yoltan, point your sister towards the following site: www.chemistdirect.co.uk. They sell the Hills prescription food at a far more reasonable price than I've seen it here. My dog is currently on one of the prescription diets which costs €78 for a 12kg bag from my vet's, but only £41.99 + £9.95 delivery from this site. They will deliver up to about 20kg to Ireland for that price.

No affiliation with the site - just a devoted dog owner trying to save a few shillings while still doing the best she can for her dog!

Thanks a million for that link Celtwytch. She gets him the really small bag which is roughly E42. Will definitely check this out!

It was in answer to your question about having dogs when we were kids. Have 2 dogs now and they're doing great! :)

Have 2 dogs now and they're doing great

Delighted to hear that. My point re dogs was that dogs( and horses )are animals whose diet should not be like humans. You would not serve a horse a plate of cabbage and potatoes or food from the table.

Unfortunately people feed and treat dogs as if they were humans. Too much of the wrong feeding is the main reason why vets are so busy.

Next to dogs ,I greatly admire horses and get annoyed when I see majestic and proud looking race horses named " Paddy the Plasterer "or "Hows your Father" etc.:mad:

Back