didnt get job offer

J

johnjokelly1

Hi all,
Went through screening process and interviews for a job a few months ago which I was more than qualified for but didnt get the job, was told that they would not be progressing with me that there were more suitable candidates at the time for the positions available and that I would be kept on file for jobs coming up later in the year. Jobs are being readvertised and applied via the recruitment agency and guess what, Ive been told the same thing again, not progressing with my application but would be kept on file. What does this mean? Is it the polite brush off?
Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated, I had pinned my hopes on getting job.

I'm sorry but I think it is a polite brush off - it's standard speak for "sorry, you didn't get the job" and the bit about keeping your details on file is a little bit of polite padding. One other possibility is that they may consider you if e.g. a different job is available for which they may consider you more suitable.

The best thing I can recommend is to contact them (either the HR person or the person who interviewed you) and ask what qualifications/attributes they were looking for in the job and how you can improve (either your qualifications, experience or interview style). They may be helpful and give you some pointers. Be constructive about it and approach them in a way that let's them know that you are merely interested/eager to improve, rather than specifically wondering why you didn't get *that* particular job.

Good luck
Sprite

Hello. I have been working as quality tech for 10 years and i recently got offered a job. I started a college course in quality 2 years a cert only but never finished it due to personal reasons. I left it on my cv and i kinda told new employer i passed course but i nerver got round to finishing it. Now a third party screening process wants proof of completion of cert. I really want this job and want to know any way around this.

Could you get a copy of a friend's cert who did the same course as you and change it to say your name (colour scanner and printer). I know that is extremely dishonest but in these times jobs are like hens teeth.

The co I work for does a really strict screening and have an external co verify all your details.... in the past someone was let go when it emerged that they had lied on their cv - like you it was about a course they'd never finished.

Hello. I have been working as quality tech for 10 years and i recently got offered a job. I started a college course in quality 2 years a cert only but never finished it due to personal reasons. I left it on my cv and i kinda told new employer i passed course but i nerver got round to finishing it. Now a third party screening process wants proof of completion of cert. I really want this job and want to know any way around this.
You could pull out now before things get too serious. Just tell 'em you've had another offer.
Could you get a copy of a friend's cert who did the same course as you and change it to say your name (colour scanner and printer). I know that is extremely dishonest but in these times jobs are like hens teeth.
Or you could try and dig a bigger hole for yourself and spend most of your working days waiting for the tap on your shoulder from the HR manager.

Back