Did you do anything different for Christmas?

SoylentGreen

I thought that Christmas just past was over with very quickly. I didn't feel at all Christmassy. I don't know why, maybe I am just getting older or I need to do something different. I still have lots of food to do me for a few weeks yet as well. How did your Christmas turn out?

Went for the annual swim in Salthill on Christmas morning. One of the best years in ages and a brilliant way to get into the Christmas spirit. Huge crowds of young and old, great banter, refreshing swim and alcoholic tea. And all for great causes (Cope, Hospice etc).

I was away for Christmas in a winter wonderland but it was still the same.

It snowed on Christmas morning. Magical.

Prepared lots of lovely food - we decided on Nigel Slater's alternative Christmas and it was yum.

No sprouts:)

Marion

Few visitors to the house over Christmas. Seriously thinking of not having Christmas tree next year maybe just a few classier decorations rather than lots of tat.
Still eating cheese and biscuits. Lots left. Sweets/minerals/Pringles will be dramatically reduced next year. Thankfully Easter is early this year!

No, didn't do anything different for Christmas just more of the same. We still have the Christmas visitors so no left over food.
Oh to sit quietly on my own with one of all those lovely books (Christmas presents) or even my own favourite TV programme. Maybe it will happen before Easter

Christmas in our house is usually no different from anybody elses with cleaning, some painting, washing floors, power-hosing the patio and drive, making windows spotless well in advance. With granchildren coming again and leaving the place last year like it was the Somme in 1916 we decided just to hoover the place and do the clean up after 6th January.

Good Decision - the granchildren came, ran riot, destroyed, chocolate hand prints on our walls windows etc. Great Decision to wait to clean after Womens Christmas. And the granchildren were great also. Like carpenters say:- Measure twice and cut once.

Back