Did Nua Homeloans offer Trackers?

All irrelevant. CBI have opened the doors on the tracker issue, so there's no need to be looking for anything fancy, in my view.

CBI didn't look at the books of any bank - they all provided data for which they are accountable.

Edit: my post might have sounded dismissive of another professionals work. That wasn't my intention if it's how it's read. Lots of these legal angles are really important when you're taking an action against a bank, and I've been on the other side of documents prepared by people doing similar work.
However, the CBI has put processes in place in relation to trackers to remove the need for lots of these arguments. There are thousands of people who have got their trackers back in scenarios that wouldn't have won in a high court action. The tracker examination process should be exhausted before looking for clever angles. Start might not even know these documents exist if the loans had already been changed to something else before they merged.

Thanks Red Onion, comments appreciated,

Do you think the Central Bank would reopen the tracker mortgage examination now, as it appears from reading Nua’s Consumer Credit Act Notice that all Nua Homeloans variable rate loans are tracker Mortgages?

Do you think I have got a valid case to be put onto a tracker rate?

Go straight to NUA

Ask to be put on a tracker and refunded any overpayment

If they say no go direct to the Ombudsman with a complaint detailing it all with back up of the loan documentation showing you were entitled to a tracker.

Go straight to NUA

Ask to be put on a tracker and refunded any overpayment

If they say no go direct to the Ombudsman with a complaint detailing it all with back up of the loan documentation showing you were entitled to a tracker.

Thanks Dpdp,
Nua Homeloans merged with Start Mortgages a good while back so they do not exist anymore, complaint is on the way to Start Mortgages.

Looking back on my old Nua statements they also charged me a monthly arrears fee of 50 euro, even if I was in arrears by a 10’er.

Hi Red Onipn,

If I get my tracker mortgage reinstated will my Credit Rating be automatically restored to health. You see, I am in arrears and tried to get a car loan from the credit Union but was declined due to my credit rating.?

That upload did not work. You need to try again.

Hi Brendan,

Here is the Consumer Credit Act Notice. I was wondering if you or somebody could bring this to the attention of the Central Bank and Government as borrowers like me appear to have fallen through the cracks. They are meeting before the Oireachtas Finance Committee on Thursday 24th October.

Forget the Central Bank

Just show this to your lender and they should implement it immediately.

Do you know how long the Central Bank takes to do things?

brendan

Forget the Central Bank

Just show this to your lender and they should implement it immediately.

Do you know how long the Central Bank takes to do things?

brendan

I will complain to Start Mortgages, but I was just thinking of all the other potential borrowers impacted. If the Central Bank Tracker Mortgage Examination misses the whole lot of us on variable loan rates at Nua Homeloans who and what else did it miss!

Don't worry about that now.

Sort out your own loss first. Get the process moving and get your interest rate and balance corrected.

When you have sorted that out, then you can send your file to the Central Bank.

Brendan

Thanks Brendan and Red Onion, Adeptum Limited are submitting my complaint. I will keep ye updated as matters progress. Thanks again.

Hi Brendan,

Start Mortgages has not received my complaint yet as Adeptum was in consultation with the Central Bank about cases they have on their books. Have a pint or two onboard, but Adeptum Limited are great. They appear sincere and are not money grabbers. The owner Aidan is a forensic accountant, he has about twenty or so people working for him. They are based in Milltown Dublin 14. He told me the company was set up only a few months ago. He also has access to solicitors and barristers. He seems to be the real McCoy.
They are also dealing with my investment property that is with Mars Capital (originally with Springboard Mortgages) and are making headway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back