Did I make a fatal error on the form re UK pension?

JKetch

On the form they ask how long you intend to stay abroad, I answered it "permentaly" as I returned to Ireland in 1992. I now fear that this will rule me out of making voluntary contributions.

Does anyone have a view on this?

I don’t see how this would work against you.

Almost everyone on AAM (me included) making voluntary NICs has no plans to return.

Thanks for replying.

What makes me worried is that I read on another thread the suggestion to answer as "indefinitely".

Yes I put indefinitely, but don't think your answer is going to affect your application.

Yes I put indefinitely, but don't think your answer is going to affect your application.
Thanks, I really hope you are right. I submitted my application in May 2023 and the website says they are currently processing applications from March '23 so I probably have a few months before I find out for sure.

Yes I am the same May 23 and checked this morning and said I should expect a response in April but everytime I check the dates are extending out so will see what happens, let me know if you hear anything and I will do likewise.

Yes I am the same May 23 and checked this morning and said I should expect a response in April but everytime I check the dates are extending out so will see what happens, let me know if you hear anything and I will do likewise.
Happy to say that I got a letter yesterday to say I am approved for Class 2. I've just got off the phone with them to get the reference number and the agreed figure for the bank transfer. Let me how it goes for you.

Happy to say that I got a letter yesterday to say I am approved for Class 2. I've just got off the phone with them to get the reference number and the agreed figure for the bank transfer. Let me how it goes for you.
Out of curiosity, how was the phone call? Like, were you on hold for an hour and a half?

I was on hold for 20 mins. I'd recommend totalling the yearly contributions that are itemised in the letter. The person I was speaking to gave me a figure that didn't match my totals. She forgot allow for the 53 week years, generally though she was great, friendly and very patient. But do expect to be on hold.

Hi just wondering checked my query today and it is showing completed I submitted my form last May, however on my contact preferences I have email, however have nit got an email yet, does anyone know the email address it comes from or do the respond via the post only? Thanks

Hi just wondering checked my query today and it is showing completed I submitted my form last May, however on my contact preferences I have email, however have nit got an email yet, does anyone know the email address it comes from or do the respond via the post only? Thanks
My contact preference is also set to email but they sent a letter to say I was approved, I never received an email.

Back