Did anyone appeal the ptsb 3.25% rate issue to the Customer Appeals Panel

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I presume that this has been appealed and rejected.

But I would be interested in seeing the arguments used on both sides.

Brendan

Have appealed rate and compensation, awaiting appeals panel decision. Received a copy of PTSB's submission to the panel.

Standard reply to the rate issue, i.e. no rate specified, standardisation sheet not a legally binding doc etc.

PTSB made no response or arguement against level of compensation, so we are hopeful on this side of things.

I would argue that it was a deliberate ploy by PTSB to deny customers trackers they were entitlement too by offering short term gains i.e. move off fixed rate to a lower variable rate at no break out cost, but to their long term detriment. PTSB claim there was a glitch in their mortgage break out calculator.

Hi clu

That is very interesting and it will be more interesting to see the Appeals Panel decision.

Any chance you could email me a copy of the PTSB submission? brendan at this website.

Thanks

Brendan

Does anyone have an update on the margin argument where PTSB did offer trackers but at ECB + 3.25% (or 2.25% in some cases) I realise there is a High Court case about to start or has started.

With trackers firmly back in the spotlight again I would expect that progress would be made and the correct margins applied accordingly with PTSB and AIB and other banks applying very high margins to trackers.

Last edited:
No update but the there is a lot going on. What's happening isn't really for public consumption at this stage.

Watch this space......!!

Has anybody had a response from CAP about the rate issue - accepting or rejecting? Has anyone had a successful compensation appeal either? Very tiring process!

Back