Motor Diabetic and car insurance

justasking2

My husband has recently become Diabetic and has been advised by the hospital that he will need to inform his car insurance company, that he is now on Insulin. Does any one know if they load the policy for this?? If not for what reason do you need to advise them of the fact ??

You only need to let a new insurer know if your husband changes insurer - your current insurance is based on the fact your husband was not diabetic when he took out the insurance.

There may be a loading with a new insurer depending on class of diabetes.

You only need to let a new insurer know if your husband changes insurer - your current insurance is based on the fact your husband was not diabetic when he took out the insurance.

There may be a loading with a new insurer depending on class of diabetes.

I think he will have to tell his current insurer when his car insurance is due for renewal.

You only need to let a new insurer know if your husband changes insurer - your current insurance is based on the fact your husband was not diabetic when he took out the insurance....
I doubt very much if that's the case. Policies usually insist that the proposer / insured inform the insurer immediately of any changes to material facts or circumstances that may effect the policy and this includes medical diagnoses.

There may be a loading with a new insurer depending on class of diabetes.[/QUOTE]

There should be no loading because he is a diabetic - the insurance company will give you a form to fill out and provided your diabetes is well controlled there will be no issue.

insurance companies cant load for a disability just because of a disability, if the car was modified for a disability they may do then but alot of companies dont. You dont need to inform your company until renewal

Back