Developed an addiction to macaroons from Ladurée while in Paris: Where in Dublin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Where to buy Macaroons in Dublin

Hello Pastrychef

Thank you for your posts. I feel I should state for the record that I am not a huge fan of peach flavour anyway so it was probably not your macaroon!!

I actually went a bought some more last week and preferred them this time. I got a different box of flavours.

I love the raspberry (or maybe strawberry?) ones :))

Maison De Gourmet sell them.

So do Roly's, although they don't have them every day.

The Clarence sell them, but not for take away I think.

I don't mind paying for quality but I found them artificial tasting and quite nasty really. There was a peach one that was awful!!

Leon don't make their own cakes, and don't get fresh stock every day, or every few days. I know people who work there.

Not surprised by your post.

I agree the Mararoons in Leon are very disappointing, bought a box of 7/8 and never finished them...

Hi all ,

Iam the pastry chef of Leon . Iam really sorry if you dont like my Macaron . But you didnt like the peach one . All Macaron cost 8 euros not 12 euros . Please i can ensure that all macaron are home made . The Macaron from La maison des gourmets , hotels , shops are frozen and come from a food supplier that serve all the hotels and shops in dublin . Leon had a team of 9 pastry chefs starting only 3 month ago . Let us some time and i come back to us .

If you need anything you can contact me personnaly .

Regards

Leon don't make their own cakes, and don't get fresh stock every day, or every few days. I know people who work there.

Not surprised by your post.

The truth is out there somewhere I guess!!

Dear ALL .

I CAN assuew that Leon make cake fresh everyday !

Iam the pastry chef , we are a team of 7 French staff and work all the night to delivery in the early morning nothin frozen etc.....everything from scratch and all the product such chocolat , flou we try to use the best Valrhona chocolat , elle et vire cream etc.

That i am really sorry that you dotn like my macaroon . That true the clarence , la maison des gourmets , Roly s bistro got them , But if you look very closely they look all the same . Odaios food supplier maybe???

Anyway Iam happy you still talking about Leon .

Regards

Well I can only say what someone who works there told me.

Pastrychef I believe you when you say you make fresh produce for Leon every day, but does that mean Leon only has fresh produce on their shelf?

So the problem may not be you.

Anyway, I don't want to bad mouth any business. I'm just saying what I was told.

The cake are deliver every morning frsh to the 3 leon we have on town .

You friends is the manager and when was that????? Can you tell me her or his name ???

Iam very curious about it ???

Please dont take if you dont know ...
Regards

Gossip can be a terrible thing! If what pastychef is saying is true, then your friend is either misinformed or spreading bad things about the place!

maybe because they are not made fresh on site the friend is confused? I want to try one of these things now, stupid down the country

Me too! Will have to organise a special trip to Leons!

Four food businesses in Dublin, Mayo ordered to close
[broken link removed]

"The businesses ordered to close were the Café Leon bistro on Exchequer Street, Dublin 2 .. "

Four food businesses in Dublin, Mayo ordered to close
[broken link removed]

Doesn't surprise me at all!

Although the Exchequer Street cafe is not the one my friend worked in.

maybe because they are not made fresh on site the friend is confused?

I really don't want to say what my friend told me, but the problem was not him/her being confused.

Pastrychef, are you actually a Leon employee (pay PAYE through Leon) or are Leon a customer of the company you work for?

Doesnt matter if i work for leon or not , but that sure you friend doesnt work here any more.......If you looksmy first message you will understand . Anyway you waste my time iand you should go to tesco like usual do buy you dessert, may its the only pace you can afford.you care too much about people life! that do you think i care who pay you ????

for a drain likking ???dont think so ....

I've no idea what that means.. Flax was just stating what they were told.

OK, because you're being an idiot I'll tell you what I know.

The cakes are bought in from an external company. If they are not sold, they are kept overnight. If they are still not sold, they are kept overnight again. And on and on until they are sold. That is why the cakes are often awful.

The hygiene standards are very poor due to huge turnover (staff rarely stay for longer than a few weeks - the reason why is another story altogether) so the Exchequer Street shop having to close was not a surprise at all.

I don't eat there because I can't trust the food, not because I have poor taste or cannot afford quality. Or whatever insanity partychef said.

My friend and I got free ones from Leon last Sunday night, so they mustn't always keep them. They were not very nice but I'd never had them before.
Incidentially, the cake we had wasn't great, carrot cake with almonds on top, quite dry.
I'm not surprised they have drain problems. They don't have proper plumbing, the loos use those maccerator pumps to put waste through small pipes. Didn't think they would stand heavy use.
They need to dust too, very ornate panelling in the loos was thick with dust in every crevice.
Coffee could have been better.
Apart from that it was nice! The staff were lovely, the ambiance was conducive to the chats. Quite a pleasant evening!

Thank you fro you comment . And i can you said they were not nice if you dont know what you eat or you have never try them before ???Sorry to heard tha the carrot cake was dry ...But we have rarely bad comment about it , i will take a note ...

A macaron its mix between ground almond , italienne meringue and a flavour.

Should be dry outside , soft on the middle with a ganache ,or any filling inside . Anyway you should try few . And its very difficult to eat more that one , I suggest to take a box when you are few people as dinner for coffee.

Thank you

Leon from last october produce all the cake in shop , croissant , pain chocolat , Nothing both from oustide company......But before that you are correct they was using a oustide company ....You can come in my kitchen and i can ensure you have a meal in the floor .I gain my background in 3 michelin star restaurant ,i can t tell you that my staff doesn t go until the kitchen clean ......doesnt matter how many hours we work the main issue is hours quality ., the cleaning....we using the best product ....that any top luxyry hotels can afford..

Iam sure you are a big fan off Brambles coffee ???bIG SIZE CAKE WITH CHEAT OF CREAM ON TOP ... OR rolys coffee frozen cake from Pallas food , Or la maison des gourmets frozen cake from Odaios.....

Trust me ...have a try leon when you have try all of them i you will see the difference ...

Leon from last october produce all the cake in shop , croissant , pain chocolat , Nothing both from oustide company......But before that you are correct they was using a oustide company ....

OK, my knowledge is from pre-October so I apologise for assuming things were still the same.

You can come in my kitchen and i can ensure you have a meal in the floor .I gain my background in 3 michelin star restaurant ,i can t tell you that my staff doesn t go until the kitchen clean ......doesnt matter how many hours we work the main issue is hours quality ., the cleaning....we using the best product ....that any top luxyry hotels can afford..

But can you say the same about the cafes? :)

Iam sure you are a big fan off Brambles coffee ???bIG SIZE CAKE WITH CHEAT OF CREAM ON TOP ... OR rolys coffee frozen cake from Pallas food , Or la maison des gourmets frozen cake from Odaios.....

You need to stop with the insults. I eat in nice restaurants and have high standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back