Details sheet ?

Westgolf

Hi all.

I'm in the middle of my form 11 and I have some losses from previous years that I want to offset against my rental income. The losses all arise from one particular property but I want to offset them against both this property and one other. Is it OK or acceptable to include a sheet with my form 11 showing the calculation of losses, amount offset and the balance carried forward in an effort to make the return clearer to understand ?

It's a self assessment system, all they want is your Form 11, online via ROS.

It's up to you to calculate the profits / losses and ROS will then work out the liability.

A rental loss carried forward is available to be used against your total rental profit in later years.

If Revenue have a query about the figures in your return, they'll let you know.

Hello,

Revenue don’t want any sheets sent in with the return. So don’t do that..

You of course can keep the sheet on file if the revenue query any aspect of the rental computation..

I think the losses brought forward to the year 2017 are entered in box 215 a or b.. no panel for losses used or to be carried forward..

That's what I was thinking. It seems you put down the amount of losses in total as opposed to something like this.

Accumulated losses €xx'xxx
Losses offset for 2017 yyy
Accumulated losses forward xxxx - yyy

Therefore you don't actually state the amount for this particular return year ?

Correct .. you just put down the amount brought forward and they will take that from your rental income after capital allowance to calculate the amount if any liable to income tax ..

Back