Desktop app for share portfolio

dublin67

Is anyone aware of a Desktop app and/or website in which you can track a share portfolio? Irish, UK and U.S. investments so would need F/X capacity.

I've used the Morningstar site before but that wiped out all my data for some reason. I use TD Waterhouse as a broker but their dashboard has everything in Sterling or the currency that you acquired the shares in.

I use Yahoo Finance - find it very useful. And there's an app for one's phone also which syncs, and is fast to use.

Morningstar is very handy, but I noticed some oddities last week when I logged in - it showed me some Spanish guys account. Weird. Maybe try re-logging in.

Reactions: PMU
I just use google docs, their sheets app. No ads, works on pc or phone, and any browser.

You can just assign some cells the formula for the share price for example =GoogleFinance("rya") or =GoogleFinance("aapl"). In other cells the number of shares you own. Then do the usual spreadsheet things to get a nicely formatted list.

There probably is a way to get a currency from google but I just manually set a cell with a conservative value of the currency that understates the actual value of my shares (since in reality you'll never get the official rate anyway).

Someone has done a nice version you could copy https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zhHqjVo9yFYbHeneXZKgc8YJWiJ6tiLCj7R6-QKg7Zs/edit#gid=0

You can just assign some cells the formula for the share price for example =GoogleFinance("rya") or =GoogleFinance("aapl").
There probably is a way to get a currency from google but I just manually set a cell with a conservative value of the currency that understates the actual value of my shares (since in reality you'll never get the official rate anyway).

You can get fx rates using the GOOGLEFINANCE function by replacing the ticker symbol with e.g. "EURUSD" or "EURGBP". You can also pass in a date to get historical rates.

E.g. =GOOGLEFINANCE("EURUSD", "close", "25/10/2017")

Back