Design of HRV system - Who to use ?

olddog

Thinking about what class of person could be trusted to design a full HRV system I got as far as :

- HRV is similar to HVAC systems found in offices only much smaller with lower air change rates etc

- A domestic HRV system is probably to small for a HVAC designer to be bothered with

- Architects for domestic houses ( at any rate the ones I have spoken with ) really dont see the point of HRV

- HRV installers, no doubt, will offer to design what they install but when it comes to such subjects as fire regulations can they be trusted ?

So ( Doubting Thomas that I am ) I am left wondering just who to use for HRV system design

What did all you lucky house owners with HRV do for design ?

And, if you had your time over again would you do the same thing ?

Olddog

Proair in Tuam, did mine, no complaints.

I'd avoid that Architect who gave you that opinion, tbh......

As for using the non-installer to design, then don't expect any installer to stand over someone else's design.........

.... I'd avoid that Architect who gave you that opinion, tbh......

Aye, thats what I was thinking too. ( its not just one architect that I have encountered with this point of view )

......As for using the non-installer to design, then don't expect any installer to stand over someone else's design.........

Hmmmm. My concern stems from a conversation at Plan Expo with a rep for a company that claimed to do HRV installations. The rep on the stand explained that they normally use flat pack PVC ducting and PVC grills.

He seemed to have no concern for fire issues !

The guy at PlanExpo is a sales rep who's job it is to get these systems sold.You are right to look for a solid system that will work and be safe also.

Back