Deposit on a houese Albany Homes

A friend of mine has recently discovered that he cannot complete his purchase on a new property, which is in Malahide Co Dublin, due to circumstances. He and his partner are now trying to see if they can get their deposit back, I know that it is entirely at the discretion of the builder and due to the obligation of the contract but has anyone had experience with Albany in this regard?

They have not snagged the property, made alterations or specific requests prior to the construction and I believe the selling agent has a cancellation list for this development.

Anyone got advice , conatct the builder or his solicitor directly ? as the solicitor who is organising the purchase is not at all motivated to do anything in a speedy manner (funny that).

My sister bought a house from Albany in Swords about three years ago. She has had nothing but problems with the builder. I helped her snag the house, and the workmanship was terrible. She got a solicitors letter from them over another issue I'm not prepared to go into.

My advice would be to steer clear of them.

I suppose if you get really choosy on the snag list (which won't be difficult if my experience is anything to go by) they will eventually tell you to F*** off if they have a cancellation list with willing buyers!

Where abouts are the building in Malahide?

Back