Deposit Issues

DublinAnthony45

Registered User
Messages
28
are most people with lets say ( €100,000 ) just moving banks every few months to save a small %

i joined Bunq because of 3.01 % and in January 2027 the rates will change ( more than likely downwards ) are people in this position just then lumping it all into the next bank who are offering better rate for 3/6 months and so on etc ?
 
Yes, if it's easy, moved from Trading212 to Robinhood recently, I then just download statements of earnings from the previous bank so I can make the required tax return. I've done it between maybe 4-5 banks.
 
On a 100k (I wouldn't keep that much on deposit) half a percent would be €333 after DIRT, enough not to leave it on the floor. People often change insurers and energy suppliers for less.
 
i'm getting 3.01 till end of Dec on €100k , then will review where to move then or keep depending on rate

so €3010 gross per year or €2016 nett
 
On a 100k (I wouldn't keep that much on deposit) half a percent would be €333 after DIRT, enough not to leave it on the floor. People often change insurers and energy suppliers for less.
This. It is probably easier to move money from one bank to another than it is to cancel utilites/insurance. I have dealt with Virgin Media cancelations too many times. I would rather open a new bank account than deal with them.
 
I have also thought about potentially trying a different approach with Raisin. Instead of constantly chasing the highest demand deposit instant access interest rates, I might instead look to a term deposit laddering approach across the 3,6,9 & 12 month terms. This way would possibly secure a better overall return and less administrative requirements whilst still maintaining relatively quick access to funds if required. I know this deposit staircase/ladder approach is normally done across 1,2,3,4 & 5 year terms but I preferred a shorter ladder in case funds might be needed for a house deposit should the right opportunity arise.
 
I do the same Unpaid -- the no extra paperwork with raisin no maatter how manyaccounts with different banks you open makes it a doddle and a real advantage of the platform imo. I always have something expiring every 3-4 months in case I need cash
 
Could I ask a question of the more experienced here? Is it possible to move funds from say Raisin directly to say BankInter rather than repatriate them back to Ireland before sending them out a couple of days later? Would be more efficient, though in some ways it would be comforting to see the funds safely back home if only for a day!
 
Back
Top