Deposit interest rates rising again soon?

Do PAYE tax payers pay 33% DIRT in their tax return or income tax at their marginal rate (40%) on the interest?

Younited looks a good option with the 3 years rate, or even the one year rate if you are reluctant to lock it down and want to see what happens ECB rates.
Does anyone have a referral code or is that not allowable on the forum? Thanks!

Do PAYE tax payers pay 33% DIRT in their tax return or income tax at their marginal rate (40%) on the interest?

Younited looks a good option with the 3 years rate, or even the one year rate if you are reluctant to lock it down and want to see what happens ECB rates.
Read through the post, it's all there.

I could very happily refer you (or anyone else). Just PM me, as long as this site has no objection.

Last edited:
Article about raisin is in the irish times today. They outline that you can claim back any withholding tax in the country's bank by claiming on a form 11.

Cryptically though, the article says "Finally, revenue cautious that in certain circumstances, PRSI will also be chargeable on EU-sourced deposit interest". Anyone have any insight into this?

Cryptically though, the article says "Finally, revenue cautious that in certain circumstances, PRSI will also be chargeable on EU-sourced deposit interest". Anyone have any insight into this?
Raisin themselves also mention that and, further, don't discount the possibility that USC might also be due...
As mentioned above, in certain circumstances, you may also be subject to PRSI on the interest you have received from the non-Irish deposit accounts. Foreign deposit interest income received should be exempt from USC.

Raisin themselves also mention that and, further, don't discount the possibility that USC might also be due...
I think this may be covered in another thread but from what i see on revenue, usc is not payable but prsi is payable on unearned income over 5k for paye employees?

For anyone thinking of setting up a Raisin a/c to invest in best EU bank deposit returns.
Started the process on 10th Nov with Raisin/YOUNITED and it completed on 20th. Fully up and in place. There is no withholding tax involved with this account. Dirt tax payable in Ireland and you'll get a certificate each year showing the interest earned. For any other taxes consult with your accountant or get yourself up to date with facts, etc. Circumstances can differ for individuals.

Back