Deposit for house needed - an post

deco87

I put a 100k in post office after I sold my house/
I hadn’t realised you could only get 1000 a day -

I need 30 k DEPOSIT. Now for a new house -

Is there any way of getting this in one lump from my an post savings account ?
Any advice appreciated

Thks
D

Without knowing the exact type of account you have; as a general comment, daily withdrawal limits tend to apply to cash withdrawals with no notice.

Have you asked if the money can be transferred to your Solicitor's client account with 7 days notice?

Something akin to this?
If so, you fill in a form - it's on that page! - to request a "repayment" and take it to the Post Office. Then they send you a cheque. You'll get it a week or so later. I'd imagine you'd then be waiting for said cheque to clear when you deposit it.
Or, you should be able to take out €3K a day in cash over the counter. So you'd be done in less that two weeks; probably the same time as getting the cheque and it being available in your own bank account.

Thks that’s great but it looks like an application for a deposit book account ! I’ll ask at post office anyway

This is the form you need to complete and return.

i suggest you do the following:

1. Complete the form and put it in an envolpe addressed State Savings, FREEPOST, Repayments Section, GPO, Dublin 1, D01 F5P2
  2. Take it to a post office and ask them to send it using internal registered post (there is no charge for this as it is addressed to the GPO)
  3. You should have the cheque within 7 days

I assisted an elederly relative witH this on a couple of occasions last year and we had the cheque quickly on both occasions.

Back