Deposit ..best for 2 years

deco87

Registered User
Messages
468
I have 60 k in two credit unions. 30 in each. Earning very minimal dividends.
I don't need it in the immediate future or 2 years at least.

I wonder what's the best 2 year safe deposit options. Be nice to make a few bob on it ....

Thks

D
 
@Lightning does a stellar job of maintaining the deposits best buys lists and manages to collate all relevant information into three convenient threads. All that is needed is to read them to understand what's on offer.
 
Thks a mill. I don't think it's worth leaving that money sitting in credit Union with limited return , would you agree
 
You have gave no information as to what return you are getting on your 60k.
Or if you have debts that should be cleared first. Or lots of other questions that a Money Makeover would address.
 
I don't think anyone is recommending the pillar banks. They don't feature in the Best Buys list.
 
Must check the dividend..I just presumed credit Union returns were much less than putting the funds in a 2 year deposit account..thanks for all the input
 
Last edited:
Re above ...no debts mortgage free ...just sitting there ..don't need it as such ....just had a thought it might even a little more interest ..2/3 years ..I'll have a look through the rates as above ...much appreciated
 
So, what is your investment timeframe for this money?

It really would be simpler and more productive to do a Money Makeover...

E.g. for all we know it might be worth putting some or all of this money into a pension.
 
Last edited:
Thks. Semi retired. On pension. Part time working. Really , I was just wondering what's the best option ..leave in credit Union or maybe put into a deposit account ..thanks
 
Back
Top