Deposit accounts,can anyone advise?

C

ciaranpm

I have 300,000 in a deposit account with AIB. The term is now up and I feel it is better to leave it on deposit rather than invest in property at the moment.
I am wondering where I will gain the most interest over a year period,I have looked at EBS and they seem good. AIB are currently only offering me 2.5%.
I have also been told that An Post is good ,can anyone advise which An Post account would be best. I am also aware that the Government guarantee is running out so I may have to spread it. AIB are telling me that if I put the 300k with them before the Sept 29th deadline the full amount will be guaranteed for the deposit period but I can not get any verification of this anywhere. Can anyone advise. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I am surprised that AIB are offering you 2.5% for a one year term deposit, that is not an AIB domestic advertised rate. AIB are certainly going after deposits on the quiet lately.

Anyway, you are better off with your money somewhere other than AIB.

If you are after the highest return for a one year term deposit go for Anglo who will pay you 3.5%. If you want a good return with a 'safer' bank go for Nationwide UK who will pay you 3.2%.

Read the best buy threads for more information.

Back