Deposit account trawl announced today (Fri May 23rd) by revenue

If you fill out either a paper or ROS Form 11 then any additional PRSI/Levies due will be automatically calculated by Revenue when the Notice of Assessment issues.

My point is that ROS Form 11 calculates this for you automatically, no need to wait for Notice of Assessment.

I've been to some race meetings and I don't remember any receipts
I'm sure that if you asked for one - or for a cheque payment of winnings - you might get one. Especially if the win was large enough. Isn't that how some crooks launder their money?

What has this got to do with the original subject matter!!? :confused:

There are numerous existing threads discussing the deposit protection schemes covering banks authorised by the Irish (IFSRA/CB) and other EU authorities.

It has to do with you having money in more than 1 account when they look. 100k in 4 accounts rather than 1.

whats the difference between having 100k in one bank...to having four bank accounts with 25k in each?

From the ICAI website.

Deposit Accounts Investigation
Monday, January 19, 2009

Following the 15 January deadline, Revenue advise us that as of 5.00pm on Thursday, €53.7m in tax, interest and penalties had been received from 932 cases under the disclosure scheme.
The last such special investigation was the Single Premium Insurance Policies investigation in 2005. By the July 2005 deadline for the voluntary phase of that investigation, 4,600 taxpayers had paid €312m. Those figures subsequently increased to some €450m from 5,300 taxpayers over the subsequent phases of that investigation. Average yields per capita from both investigations are quite comparable.

Back