Dependants / acceptable income

rosie

Hi ,
Apologies for the various questions. Can anyone tell me what amount banks insist on for each dependant. I have done a search here but the only firm amount I can find is €250 per child per month which seems on the low side to me.
I receive domiciliary care for two children which amounts to €11,000 annually with the respite grant . I understand that Ulster accept child benefit as income but just wondering if other banks also consider it.
Also my husband has just completed parental leave which reduced his wages. Will a bank take his full capacity income into account as he has no parental leave left (permanent state sector )
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what amount banks insist on for each dependant.
€250-€310 per child per month is typical

I receive domiciliary care for two children which amounts to €11,000 annually with the respite grant . I understand that Ulster accept child benefit as income but just wondering if other banks also consider it.
I think Pepper might include this but I wouldn't look any further than Ulster Bank if you can qualify with them, as their fixed rates are among the most competitive in the market.

my husband has just completed parental leave which reduced his wages. Will a bank take his full capacity income into account as he has no parental leave left (permanent state sector )
Yes. All he needs is a salary cert to verify his current income. The bank may ask for his next payslip as a condition on the approval in principle, but that wouldn't hold things up.

Best regards,
Dave Curry (broker)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/davecurryirl

Dave, thank you very much for your response. I must have very expensive kids . We should be fine with Ulster

Back