Dependant Relative Contributory Pension.

RedmondC

Registered User
Messages
28
I’m 57 and retired early. Not drawing any benifets. What can I do now to make sure my spouse gets the dependent relative allowance when I draw my state pension?
 
Might they qualify for the OACP in their own right? What is their PRSI record like?
 
Your spouse will be means tested.

You will not be means tested.

Any income or savings in your spouse's name will be fully means tested.

Any joint income and savings will be means tested as 50% owned by your spouse.

If you reckon that your spouse's income and savings, or your joint savings will prevent or reduce your COAP increase for a qualified adult, you should transfer some or all these savings to your name.

Also as suggested check out their PRSI contributions record.

There are various methods of gaining extra PRSI contributions open to your spouse up to age 70.

These could also be useful for you if you currently don't have 2080 Reckonable PRSI contributions.

Check these out here.
 
Last edited:
So your spouse will be 56 when your increase for a qualified adult claim begins. They can still be in receipt of PR$I contributions (paid, credited or voluntary) while IQA payments are being paid.

You will immediately qualify for household benefits package at age 66 if you are claiming IQA for your spouse.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top