Dentistry, crowns.

tell me about it! :)

I felt it was worth it though, to get a longterm solution to the pain the existing tooth was causing.

Mine took about a year altogether, covering extracting the problem tooth, waiting for the gum to heal, inserting the post, waiting for that to heal, and then getting the crown made. It required monthly checks to see that the gum was healing well, so I wouldn't recommend getting it done too far away from home.

Hi Folks,

A little update,

Went up north with my partner yesterday afternoon. After being quoted €800 a crown (3 required) from dentist in Dublin the dentist up north advised my partner NO crowns were required. He advised he could 'fill' the areas required (i cant remember the name of the filler - its not actual fillings but a different composite to strenghten the teeth).

Cost quoted from Dublin Dentist - 3 crowns @ €800 (€2400) + consultaion fee + xrays and also hygenist @ €75.

Cost from www.gentledentalclinic.com - £35 consultation + £100 for treatment.

He advised my partners teeth were in quite good shape and to put these unnessesary crowns in would only cause damage as he would of having to file away perfectly good tooth. The dentist was kind, polite and honest with my partner and was shocked to hear what the Dublin dentist was recommending!

Now, i would like to ask - can i name and shame this rip off dentist in Dublin????

I would highly recommend gentledentalclinic - It took 2 months to get an appointment so i think this proves how popular they are.... huge business from the south.

Back