Dentist charge more than website listed price

Poc-ar-buille

Folks,

I'm getting some treatment from my dentist.

I noticed one of the charges is more than the advertised price.

The difference not huge

And only about 2% of the overall treatment cost.

I queried this and was told this is normal.

The website price of a guideline.

And individual can be charged slightly differently.

Is this acceptable?

Would you be surprised the dentist didn't concede the amount?

I can let it go. But I just think they should honour the website price. And correct it on their website.

Thanks

Last edited:

Palerider

Frequent Poster
I agree, that said eg a wisdom tooth costs more to extract than a front tooth, depends on the work undertaken, was more local anaesthetic needed than usual, a second shot perhaps, were their complications, is the work complex, were X-rays required.

Poc-ar-buille

Thing is
Haven't had the treatment yet
Dentist never mentioned anything like: this bit is over and above so we'll charge you more

elcato

I have had some extractions which took a long time and price varied. Until they see the extent they are just offering a price guide I presume. Do yu need to treatment and would it cost more if you had to go to another dentist to get a first consultation ?

Slim

Frequent Poster
I have had some extractions which took a long time and price varied. Until they see the extent they are just offering a price guide I presume. Do yu need to treatment and would it cost more if you had to go to another dentist to get a first consultation ?
I would be very reluctant to cheese off a man who will be putting a drill into my mouth, especially for 2% or so. I would go elsewhere.

beautfan

Frequent Poster
Try buying a pair of buy one get one free pair of glasses. Very easy to buy a pair plus the free one worth €200 and leave the store having spent €500 plus.

Leo

Most of the ones I've seen advertising prices include a little small print or a mention in their T&Cs that prices will vary depending on the specifics of each case.

The fact that they have given you a quote in advance of carrying out the work means they are covered regardless. Advertised prices are generally not binding and considered an invitation to treat.