Health Insurance Dental included in day-to-day

Rose123

Other than Laya, are there other plans that are good value for a 19 year old that include cash back for routine dental bills?
I'm moving my son from the current Laya plan and was going to put him on the very cheap VHI Start plan, but now it is looking like he will need a few fillings and possibly a root canal, so I am trying to see if it is worth my while moving him to a more expensive plan that will cover some of the dental costs. Any of the VHI plans I checked so far did not appear to cover any dental bills at all. We have already used up the €300 annual Laya allowance in the current plan so there is no benefit in continuing that one.

Rose123,

Laya Simply Connect plan allow 50% of 1000 = 500 per year (the 300 has increased to 500 since your last renewal).
This 500 can be used just for dental expenses if you want.
Price for a 19 year old is 550pa.

Laya Simply Connect Plus plan allow 50% of 2000 = 1000 per year.
This 1000 can be used just for dental expenses if you want.
Price for a 19 year old is 625pa.

VHI Company Plan Extra Level 2 Excess allow 40 per visit x 12 visits max per year.
Price for a 19 year old is 513pa.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...vY2siOmZhbHNlLCJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0=

Note; a root canal treatment would not be classed as routine dental and would not be covered for health insurance.
This can be submitted as part of an annual family med 1 claim through Revenue.

Regards. Snowyb

Back