Dental Check up

WGT

Hi,
I've made an appointment with a dentist just for a general check-up.
The charge is 95 euro. Is this reasonable.

Thanks,

should be covered by your prsi. you submitt form to that you get in dentist Before you go to him. Most dentists are in this scheme and if not I would change dentist. I think you get a clean and checkup free every year. Dentist won't tell you unless you ask !!

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. I am a company director (self-employed) so I don't qualify for stamps, I think I can only claim for serious dental work.
So back to my original question. Is 95 euro expensive for a general checkup
Thanks

That is pretty expensive. annual checkup down the country only costs 50 euros. It probably depends on location

I would say €95 is dear.

My local dentist is €45 for check-up and then the scrape and clean is free...

If you check the smiles.ie web site they state that check ups are from €45.
Hope this helps

jools600

That sounds a lot to me. Last year I was charged either €50 or €60 for a check up which included a scale and polish. It was in a small but plush Dublin 2 dentist and I was charged about the same by my previous dentist (also in Dublin city centre).
I forgot to mention that I don't qualify under PRSI so that was the basic rate.

I paid €80 euro last year for a check-up, plus between €55 and €65 each time I visit the hygienist (who does the scale & polish work).
Don't qualify for PRSI subsidy either.

You might qualify for some of the cost back if you have one of [broken link removed]packages with VHI.

should be covered by your prsi. you submitt form to that you get in dentist Before you go to him.

Anyone know where to get this PRSI form? Is it downloadable somewhere? I've been working for years so I assume I'm entitled to some money back from PRSI.

You need to get a D1 form from the Dentist in question and sent it to the Treatment Benefit Section of the DSFA, in Donegal, for approval. If you ring them armed with your PPS number they'll tell you if you qualify.

Back