Demand from debt management company

From your post;

Lets not split hairs here-you were by your own words casual and not 'blameless' this debt. The amount is irrelevant to how you treat it. Thats how I see it anyway.

the 90% was a typo, fixed it. I fully intend to repay any debt owing, no question, no quibble, so whats the issue ?

Absolutely no issue here! As I said, the amount does seem to be worth the issue you are making of it. You are not disputing it!

Absolutely no issue here! As I said, the amount does seem to be worth the issue you are making of it. You are not disputing it!

No,
The issue is getting a demand for money out of the blue and being expected to simply repay it without question. The issue is also, having a debt passed to a debt collection agency which appears to be completely in necessary.

Is that clear enough, or is there something else I need to clarify, I think I've stated it enough times already

Well,I am,in that I have no idea if it is correct or not!
To Luternau,

Wexfordman WILL pay when amount is properly documented.

Banks will always ADD on a few BOB here and there.!!
I have a feeling you still trust their accounting and their integrity.Hmn !!!

To Luternau,

Wexfordman WILL pay when amount is properly documented.

Banks will always ADD on a few BOB here and there.!!
I have a feeling you still trust their accounting and their integrity.Hmn !!!

Less of the suspicion there-Trust me-I have no time for banks and can't see that changing anytime soon! Now it's between him and whomever the debt was with. Hope it works out well. I have no further interest in posting about this.

Can see this thread getting out of hand here if we're not careful!

Wexford man, didn't mean to offend you I just wanted to point out that the debt (which you acknowledge though quite rightly want clarification as to the amount) is what is important here. Why it happened is a secondary issue and, as I read it, you seem pretty annoyed about that. You've got a point - it's not a nice implication that you don't pay your debts and by passing your debt to a debt collector that's what they have implied. I'm saying you need to put that aside and acknowledge Cabot and deal with them to get this sorted. You seem to have done that now and hopefully will get a breakdown of costs and can resolve this issue.

It is also worth pursuing Santandar for any additional costs since it seems they didn't do their best to chase down the debt themselves and have caused you this distress but, as you were also partially at fault, you may not have luck here. It could be Santandar screwed up here (companies make mistakes too believe it or not!) or it could be you missed a letter or two.

I think the advice to ignore any correspondence from them was bad advice. Companies are fully in their right to sell on debt and ultimately it's in your best interest to sort things out like this.

Anyway, it seems you're making progress now so good luck in getting it resolved and let us know how you get on.

Less of the suspicion there-Trust me-I have no time for banks and can't see that changing anytime soon! Now it's between him and whomever the debt was with. Hope it works out well. I have no further interest in posting about this.
Sorry Luternau on my Hmn!!! comment, didn,t mean to insult you.

In my defence , I still note people still trust Banks , that is a definate Hmn !!!

Regards, Salmon.

Can see this thread getting out of hand here if we're not careful!

Wexford man, didn't mean to offend you I just wanted to point out that the debt (which you acknowledge though quite rightly want clarification as to the amount) is what is important here. Why it happened is a secondary issue and, as I read it, you seem pretty annoyed about that. You've got a point - it's not a nice implication that you don't pay your debts and by passing your debt to a debt collector that's what they have implied. I'm saying you need to put that aside and acknowledge Cabot and deal with them to get this sorted. You seem to have done that now and hopefully will get a breakdown of costs and can resolve this issue.

It is also worth pursuing Santandar for any additional costs since it seems they didn't do their best to chase down the debt themselves and have caused you this distress but, as you were also partially at fault, you may not have luck here. It could be Santandar screwed up here (companies make mistakes too believe it or not!) or it could be you missed a letter or two.

I think the advice to ignore any correspondence from them was bad advice. Companies are fully in their right to sell on debt and ultimately it's in your best interest to sort things out like this.

Anyway, it seems you're making progress now so good luck in getting it resolved and let us know how you get on.

Hi Bazza,

No offence taken, sorry if I was a bit short to anyone in my replies.

Anyway, update, I sent cabot an email just over a week ago, asking them for a breakdown of the amount owed, including a statement of the account (amount outstanding, payments made etc), and also an overview of what prompted debenhams to pass on the debt. They replied and said they would get the information as requested, and get back to me.

In the post this morning, I received from cabot, a printout of what "seems" to be a balance. There are some very odd things:-

1) The balance states that I owe 201 stg,
2) There is a late payment fee of 15.24 and interest of 1.8, and this was dated 4th feb.
3) We made 2 payments post 4th feb 2013, and these are not referenced or shown.
4) The payments we made were via cheque, one was sent in feb and was cashed end of April....the other was sent mid jan and cashed 8th feb

I know there were additional payments made, I made them over the phone late 2012, and agreed their and then that they could debit that card monthly, which they did not appear to do.

As I see it they want money, you accept you owe £???.

You havn,t got clarity from Cabot , what you were sent was a (wish and hope) print out that has minimal validity.

Can I suggest write to them and WITHOUT PREJUDICE offer say 50 in full and final of any supposed Debt as a token to have them go away.

Either that or ignore them.

Keep me posted , please.

update

I received no further correspndence from cabot after I asked them for a statement of what was owed before I pay it. The last correspondence was last year when they said the woudl get back to me in ten days. I never followed it up after this (in retrospect I should have, as you will see).

Went to my bank yesterday to apply for a personal loan (car replacement), and it turns out that this has now appeared on the ICB list!! So my loan application is now on hold, for a vehcile I was supposed to collect tomorrow). It will take a few days to get it sorted, but I imagine it will be approved.

Anyway, it seems the 114 euro was written off and recorded on the ICB as a bad debt against me!! Im surprised this was done without my knowledge, considering also the last correspondence I had from cabot was that they would get back to me with a statement, and they never did!!

i now have a bad credit rating!! For 114 euro against me that I jsut wanted a statement on before I paid it!!

I received no further correspndence from cabot after I asked them for a statement of what was owed before I pay it. The last correspondence was last year when they said the woudl get back to me in ten days. I never followed it up after this (in retrospect I should have, as you will see).

Went to my bank yesterday to apply for a personal loan (car replacement), and it turns out that this has now appeared on the ICB list!! So my loan application is now on hold, for a vehcile I was supposed to collect tomorrow). It will take a few days to get it sorted, but I imagine it will be approved.

Anyway, it seems the 114 euro was written off and recorded on the ICB as a bad debt against me!! Im surprised this was done without my knowledge, considering also the last correspondence I had from cabot was that they would get back to me with a statement, and they never did!!

i now have a bad credit rating!! For 114 euro against me that I jsut wanted a statement on before I paid it!!
The Debt should have been on your ICB long before Cabot got involved.
If you send 6 euro and form to Irish Credit Bureau (you can print them off their site) you will get a breakdown of your Icb .
If it is a case that Cabot added pending clarification you can put note in to explain.

Well that's interesting.just got turned down for a small loan from my own bank! Loan would have been approved internally bit because of the icb they had to get approval outside of the branch.

They said they would loan it if I used my savings ad collateral! But I said my savings were fir a rainy day so didn't want to lock it away. In any case why would I borrow money and pay interest on it at the same time as putting my savings beyond reach.

It's ridiculous, I earn well over twice the AIW I have no debts apart from my very low mortgage (it costs a bit .ore than my esb Bill), I have my own house, two kids been with my bank for fifteen years and my employer for 18 years.

And I got refused on a loan that is just over a months wages.

How the he'll does anyone get credit in this country. That's my car purchase down the drain

Back