Delta Index - phone only

daveccork

Hi,

Just wondering why Delta Index requires that certain trades / bets are "Phone Only". Just curious....

Not sure Dave but if you have started dealing with delta index how have you found them so far. Did you do one of their tutorials?

I think it is so that they can contain/limit their exposure to some of the more "exotic" markets, i.e. Far East etc...maybe also to avoid risk of insider trading?

thanks for the responses guys.
I have seen the "phone only" on some high risk trades alright e.g. elan, or on the daily dow trades when there is high volatility.

The one that prompted me to ask the question was the "Dax Sept" spread. found that v strange. The DAX is the one trade I have been long on now for a while (thankfully).

Paul d : I have found them good to deal with but i have had limited dealings - mostly taking long positions on the likes of gold / dax / other indices etc. so my needs aren't huge like. have nothing to compare them with but i am happy with the service.

Dave,

I am a novice to spread betting but would like to start be it in a very conservative manner. Which commodities generally have the least volatility and therefore might be suitable for a novice to put his toe in the water without getting 'burned' so to speak. Is it the likes of gold, silver and some of the eastern market indices?

If you ask them to add a new contract they will put it up as phone only for a week or so, then it should go to the normal online trading.

(maybe some people don;t know but if there is a particular stock you want to trade which is not listed, ask them to add it and if it's liquid enough there should be no problem adding it)

Back