Dell PowerEdge replacement disks

Z

zag

Silly problem here - we need to add a few disks to our existing Dell PowerEdge 2550. There are empty slots available, and I think don't *think* I need to have a specific disk cage, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure which of the many and varied types of SCSI interface is required. I know what it looks like, but not what it's called.

I have dug through the manuals and can't find anywhere that this information is spelled out. Dell seem intent on hanging up on all phone calls I place today.

Does anyone know of a good reference source for this information ? I can't open the device at the moment to check what existing drives are in it and we don't have any of that fancy software loaded to tell what disks are present other than the array.

Cheers,

z

Does anyone know of a good reference source for this information ?

I've always found [broken link removed] fine for this sort of thing - click on Downloads and then enter your service tag or else manually select the system model. You should be able to get detailed technical specifications on the server and components and perhaps downloads for querying/diagnosing your hardware.

Thanks, but I had a look through earlier and couldn't find the relevant detail. Plenty of info on how to replace a disk, but not the spec of the disk itself or whether it needed a cage or caddy.

Will pursue further with Dell.

Cheers,

z

Back