Dell Laptops:Exploding Batteries, Delayed Production and Cancelling Order.

MonsieurBond: should you not be getting onto Q Branch for a replacement?? ;)

Well, mocking is catching, as it turns out that I do indeed have a battery whose code is on the recall list. So it's battery removed and mains power only for me until I get a replacement from Dell. :(

Well, mocking is catching, as it turns out that I do indeed have a battery whose code is on the recall list. So it's battery removed and mains power only for me until I get a replacement from Dell. :(

Me too. seems to be one of the causes of all the fuss.

I heard reports this am about exploding batteries in DELL laptops.

I placed an order last week for a DELL laptop and recieved notification today that the order was delayed by up to a week.

A few questions:
What experience does anyone have with DELL and delayed orders?
Does anyone know if the exploding batteries issue has any impact on current orders?
Having placed an order and tracked it through to pre production, is it possible to cancel an order?

Thanks,
All opinions and advice is welcome.

BiN

The Dell notebook battery recall only affects batteries that were manufactered during a specific time period, and as it's new order you will not be affected, also yes, you can cancel your order anytime with no penalties..you have the right to cancel or ask for a refund within 7 days of purchasing an item and you do not need to give a reason..this is consumer law..for further details go to...www.consumerconnect.ie

Some scaremongering: Theres a lot more then Dell going to be affected. Think of it this way, theres only something like 5 factories in asia producing all parts for computers. sony takes some and puts them in their batteries. You think Dell are the only ones with these parts?
Apple now have a [broken link removed].

Has anybody from Dell or Apple been arrested under anti-terror laws yet for sending out miniature bombs?

/jumping up and down screaming I told you I told you

I didnt think the film great as it didnt go into the specifics enough, but michael crichtons book disclosure explains the business world of pc component manufacture and the fine lines between getting it right and wrong. Try and pick it up on paperback for 16 cents if you get a chance.

I've got an exploding one too in my Dell Latitude D410 ... I've ordered a replacement

My battery has never got hot so I dont' think it's really likely to explode ... but it's performance has degraded very much over they year I've had it ..am not lucky to get 1hr usage from a full charge - used to go for 2.5-3hrs

So given I was likely going to get a replacement anyway the recall seems to have worked quite nicely .. though I wonder how quickly the replacement will turn up ... I won't be holding my breath - I ordered it about 10 days ago and haven't heard a thing since.

Back