Dell C521 Desktop & 19" LCD - €361 (or maybe even €312!)

The Celeron is a much less powerful processor than the Athlon 64 dual core for one thing. Whether or not this is a major issue really depends on what you'll be using the PC for. Also looks like your not getting a DVD writer with that package.

Re: Dell C521 Desktop & 19" LCD - €361 (or maybe even €312!)

Latest Dell [broken link removed] are summarised on my Website.

The offers and codes change weekly. These ones expire on 15th Aug.

Latest Dell [broken link removed] are summarised on my Website.

The offers and codes change weekly. These ones expire on 15th Aug.

THanks for the links - It looks like would beat Dell on bang-per-buck at the moment.

Bear in mind that the Aldi one (as normal with Aldi/Lidl PC offers) does not include any display.

Bear in mind that the Aldi one (as normal with Aldi/Lidl PC offers) does not include any display.

I'm assuming you didn't click the link. It's a Medion laptop from Aldi, which does indeed include a display. By comparison to the Dell laptop deals on vjoc's link, it seems to come out better, particularly as the Aldi price includes VAT & 3-year return-to-base warranty.

a laptop without a display?

Did you actually read my previous post? :rolleyes:

are Dell only shipping with Vista now? I can't seem to change operating system to XP on any of the offers I look at?

They still offer XP as an option in some cases. If this does not appear as an option online then try configuring your system and before purchasing call them and ask if they offer the option of switching to XP.

Would you recommend not going with Vista and sticking with XP?
Heard Vista requires large amounts of RAM at least 2gb

Personally I would stick with XP. This issue is thrashed out several times already here on AAM and at length on other websites that you should be able to find by searching.

Back